Friday, July 15, 2011

Amusement park Tragedy: U.S. Vet with no legs killed on roller coaster

Sad and tragic accidents happen everyday that can easily be PREVENTED.

Prevention is key.

http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=2656395

Sgt. James Hackemer tragic 7/14/11 roller coaster fall


We make choices everyday through our own "free will"
and some of these choices may sadly cost us our lives.

Is it ok to force our views on others for safety sake?

How far do we go to make societal changes to
keep people alive even when safety rules are in place?

Would you have stopped Sgt. James Hackemer from
getting on that roller coaster?
Why or why not?

Sheriff says man killed on Darien Lake ride had rules in hand

God Bless Sgt. James Hackemer and his family.
Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I thought about that question long and hard. I think as a young operator, probably my first job, I probably wouldn't have stopped him from going on the roller coaster because he to me is an adult. I would not be looking in terms of height requirement or how your thighs would be the barrier that helps you stay in your seat. It was a tragic mistake.

    ReplyDelete